Categories
Materials

V for Vermilion

Much to my delight, it arrived yesterday: Michael Harding’s “Genuine Chinese Vermilion”.  I never knew a 40 ml tube could be so heavy.

First Question: just how poisonous is Mercuric Sulphide?

More reports to follow…

2 replies on “V for Vermilion”

Just about all the pigments you paint with are poisonous. The dry pigments are riskier to handle, but pigments bound in a medium(oil,watercolor,etc.) are fine as long as you don’t eat them!

A non-toxic alternative… though I’m assuming pixels can’t be eaten:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *