August 21st, 2017: I was surprised to discover this missing in the collection of Self-Portraits. Always good to be reminded of what I loved when I started, to see the distance traveled, and to note that some things haven’t changed.
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud tja contributed a whooping 173 entries.
I’m very happy to continue in my role as Adjunct Faculty at The American University of Rome. I celebrated my tenth consecutive year in September of 2016. About a month ago they launched a new website and I am most pleased with the careful attention they gave to publicizing their faculty. Here is my new page in […]
The painting was started this past summer on a sunny July morning. The initial result wasn’t satisfying, so a second onsite attempt was made to finish the painting, but it still didn’t turn out the way I would have liked. I went back into the painting in the studio and, after some muddling about, I […]
I was pleased to be a part of a group show held at the Galleria Farini Concept in Bologna this past January. Here is the critique that accompanied the painting in the catalogue.
“Salome” is available for purchase, including the frame, if desired. If you are interested, please contact me.
“Memoria” is available for purchase, including the frame, if desired. If you are interested, please contact me.
“The Night Watch” is available for purchase, including the frame, if desired. If you are interested, please contact me.
Be sure to watch the video on Chrome or Firefox. (It doesn’t work on Safari.)
Thrilled to have been included in the first Discovery VR Atlas video. You’ll catch me at the 2:06 minute mark; I’m doing a sketch in my studio of Claire, one of the members of the Discovery VR team. Many thanks to the entire Discovery VR team: Clarie, Griffin and Cory. As of this writing, the […]
One way to limit the use of photography in the studio: draw from life, paint from the drawing.
- A Look at the Student Painting Show from Spring 2019 at The American University of RomeApril 9, 2020 - 6:12 pm
- Feature in the DePauw Magazine and InterviewNovember 24, 2019 - 9:10 am
- Caravaggio and the Art of Subversion comes to KentuckyAugust 31, 2019 - 8:32 pm
- Rome Salon 2019: New Works from Figurative Painters in RomeMay 12, 2019 - 6:46 pm
- Caravaggio and the Art of SubversionDecember 30, 2018 - 3:51 pm
- Self-Portrait at Age 50September 18, 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Marina in a Fur HatSeptember 18, 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Watchmen of Rome on the Janiculum HillSeptember 18, 2020 - 12:17 pm
- Leda’s EggSeptember 18, 2020 - 11:54 am
- The CabinetmakerSeptember 10, 2020 - 9:23 am
- Portrait of a Roman ActressMay 17, 2020 - 11:38 am
- Learn Oil Painting Online with Interactive Lessons May 5, 2020
- Masterclass in Drawing with Charles Weed: May 4-7, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Renaissance Retreat Highlights from October 2019 November 17, 2019
- The Fundamentals – A Gallery of Student Work September 18, 2019
- “Sinking In” – When Oil Paint Dries Dull and Matte on the Canvas and Why December 29, 2018
- Anthonis Mor: Technical Info on the National Portrait Gallery Website December 9, 2018
- From the Graveyard: Formulas for Flesh – Part I: Caravaggio, Guercino, Reni and Caracci August 19, 2018
- pLog Pith XVII August 19, 2018
- Pigment Analysis in Paintings: Titian, Velazquez, Rembrandt April 20, 2018