“The Painter’s Daughter” is one of two hundred paintings selected for the 2021 exhibition of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters in London. The show will be open for viewing from Thursday May 6th to Saturday May 15th at Mall Galleries, The Mall, London SW1. You can also preview the show online: https://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/royal-society-portrait-painters-annual-exhibition-2021 For as […]
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud tja contributed a whooping 179 entries.
Entries by tja
“The Cabinetmaker” was selected as one of the 70 finalists in the ModPortrait 2020 competition. The first exhibition will be in the Bantierra Palace in Zaragoza, Spain from April to May, 2021. The second will be at the MEAM Museum in Barcelona, Spain in June, 2021. For a look at all of the selected paintings, […]
Learn Oil Painting in English and Italian Online: Join an international group of painters and learn oil painting from the comfort of your own studio
If you would like to learn how I made this painting and follow me through the process from start to finish, you can do so here. If you sign up for a free account, you can watch the first two videos of the course for free.
Below: a time-lapse video of me working on the underpainting.
- “The Painter’s Daughter” Selected for the 2021 Exhibition of the Royal Society of Portrait PaintersApril 10, 2021 - 8:45 am
- “The Cabinetmaker” is a Finalist in the ModPortrait 2020 Competition in SpainMarch 2, 2021 - 11:49 am
- Presenting PADASOR: the New Online Atelier of the Painting and Drawing Art Studio of RomeJanuary 20, 2021 - 8:31 am
- A Look at the Student Painting Show from Spring 2019 at The American University of RomeApril 9, 2020 - 6:12 pm
- Feature in the DePauw Magazine and InterviewNovember 24, 2019 - 9:10 am
- Presenting PADASOR: the New Online Atelier of the Painting and Drawing Art Studio of Rome January 20, 2021
- Learn Oil Painting Online with Interactive Lessons May 5, 2020
- Masterclass in Drawing with Charles Weed: May 4-7, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Renaissance Retreat Highlights from October 2019 November 17, 2019
- “Sinking In” – When Oil Paint Dries Dull and Matte on the Canvas and Why December 29, 2018
- Anthonis Mor: Technical Info on the National Portrait Gallery Website December 9, 2018
- From the Graveyard: Formulas for Flesh – Part I: Caravaggio, Guercino, Reni and Caracci August 19, 2018
- pLog Pith XVII August 19, 2018
- Pigment Analysis in Paintings: Titian, Velazquez, Rembrandt April 20, 2018