About the title: I showed Laura the painting and asked if she had any thoughts on a title, e.g., if it reminded her of any particular theatrical character from the realm of Shakespeare, etc. She said, “not Shakespeare, but Chekov,” and suggested the name Masha from his play “Three Sisters”. Perfect. Thank you, Laura!
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud tja contributed a whooping 168 entries.
Entries by tja
Published in the AUR YouTube channel April 2nd, 2020.
I am delighted and honored to be featured in the latest issue of the The DePauw Magazine along with other fellow artist and musician alumni. The full interview was published on “The Boulder” on DePauw’s website:https://www.depauw.edu/theboulder/…/timothy-joseph-allen-92/ Else, if you want to see how it looked in the printed magazine, you can see it here: https://issuu.com/dpupublications/docs/dpu_mag_fall_2019 My […]
This Friday, May 17th, 2019, months of work will come to fruition. I and Denise Melvin, a friend and fellow painter, organized the first ever ‘Rome Salon’; a group show that brings together a total of nine figurative painters in a venue perfect for the occasion: the Sala Margana located just West of Piazza Venezia. […]
The essence of the lecture focused on how a formal analysis can lead to an interpretation of a painting that is different from the implied narrative, an interpretation that can even go far enough to subvert the narrative and accompanying dogma.
My sincere thanks to the jury for selecting the painting. The 2018 exhibition will be held at McBride Gallery, located in Annapolis, Maryland, October 28 – November 25, 2018.
To be a figurative painter in the 21st century is to send a hand-written letter standard post in a world of immediate encrypted text messages or to be a mechanic of a steam engine in an era of rockets to Mars…
- A Look at the Student Painting Show from Spring 2019 at The American University of RomeApril 9, 2020 - 6:12 pm
- Feature in the DePauw Magazine and InterviewNovember 24, 2019 - 9:10 am
- Caravaggio and the Art of Subversion comes to KentuckyAugust 31, 2019 - 8:32 pm
- Rome Salon 2019: New Works from Figurative Painters in RomeMay 12, 2019 - 6:46 pm
- Caravaggio and the Art of SubversionDecember 30, 2018 - 3:51 pm
- Learn Oil Painting Online with Interactive Lessons May 5, 2020
- Masterclass in Drawing with Charles Weed: May 4-7, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Renaissance Retreat Highlights from October 2019 November 17, 2019
- The Fundamentals – A Gallery of Student Work September 18, 2019